Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Would culinary schools in Japan count as a school eligible for getting a student visa to stay there


Would culinary schools in Japan count as a school eligible for getting a student visa to stay there?
Hi I live in the US and Im a US citizen, but I'm kinda interested in attending the cooking school Le Cordon Bleu in Tokyo in the future. I know Japanese colleges and language learning schools do, but I'm not sure if a cooking school would qualify as an educational institution that can get me a student visa to stay there for more than 3 months. Any of you guys know? Thanks... I would just like to know beforehand so in case cooking schools really don't count, then I won't bother applying since in order to get a student visa I heard you need to get accepted by a Japanese college/school first...
Japan - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think it could be alright. You have to ask the culinary to apply C.O.E. for your visa first. I think going to Paris HO would be much easier than Tokyo school though. The expense whole during your stay would must cost very expensive much more in Japan. BTW, Tokyo school teaches in not English but French or Japanese according to their web.
2 :
Did you check their website? They say they have students from many countries. http://www.cordonbleu.co.jp/index.cfm?fa=FrontEndMod.CampusHomePage&NavigationID=44&SetCampusID=5&SetLangID=1 So I think you can get student visa for this school.
Read more discussion :