Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How can I apply to Fashion school FIT in newyork if Im and american but go to school in japan.


How can I apply to Fashion school FIT in newyork if Im and american but go to school in japan.?
I am looking to transfer from my fashion institute school in japan to FIT, or Parsons. I am aware that there is ALOT of competition, I read the requirments and it said that Candidates are evaluated based on class rank, grades in college preparatory coursework and a student essay. on theyre website it also says they consider applicants with a grade point average of 3.0, But the thing is that japans grade system and USA is completely different, so I dont think my "grades" or "credit" are transferable. All I have is a portfolio and pictures of things I did in my class in Japan, but then again its all in japanese and written in kanji. I am not an international student, I am American and was born in america & went to highschool their but my other kind of academic documents are from japan (outside the US) and I also havent graduated yet from my fashion college in japan and as I said the grade system is different so the academic credits is not transferable. I want to get into fit, but the thing is that I also want to get a scholarship.... I just dont know what TO DO!!!! Agh!
Fashion & Accessories - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
FIT has a system that will evaluate your transcripts and see what credits you have will transfer. but there is a very big chance that a lot of them wont. I went to a community college in NY and took an Import Buying class. the professor who taught this class also worked at FIT, he used the same textbook, and taught it exactly the same way and FIT would not accept that credit. If you are going for any kind of design, there is a lot of competition and you have to have a perfect portfolio to get in. I was rejected 3 times and told my portfolio was weak.
Read more discussion :