Friday, June 24, 2011

Traveling to Japan questions.


Traveling to Japan questions...?
I am in high school and I have a serious passion for the Japanese language and culture. Right now I have saved up a total of $300 toward my trip to Japan. I was wondering how much it would cost for a trip of 2 to go to Japan for 2 weeks at a decent hotel. I'm thinking of either Kyoto or Kawasaki, but if you know a cheaper destination please let me know. I am also interested in studying abroad in Japan for 11th grade. I've already looked into programs like Two Worlds United: http://www.requirements.twoworldsunited.org/requirements_japan.html and many more: http://www.studyabroad.com/programs/high_school/japan. If there is a better recommended abroad program please tell me. I would also like to know how to convince my parents to let me study abroad during the school year. I've already told them that I would pay for all expenses, but they just laugh at me. I am already in Japanese III and know basic Japanese so there would hardly be any language boundary. I am also in Algebra 2 so I doubt I would have a hard time learning their curriculum. The last thing I would like to know is how to obtain money to go on this "Japanese Exploration". I was thinking of volunteering during the school year then working part time during the summer, but if there is another method please notify me. Thank you!
Japan - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It would cost you quite a lot more than $300 just for one plane ticket to Japan. Seeing as your parents laugh when you say you'll pay for it by yourself, I'm assuming that you don't have nearly enough money. I highly doubt you'd be able to pay for both a visit and a study abroad program. I'd suggest trying to save enough money to study abroad. If your parents would be willing to pay ANYTHING it would be a big help, even if it counts as your birthday present or something. See if your school sets up any study abroad programs itself. It would probably be easier to convince your parents of letting you go through the school, plus, you could probably go with some other people you may know and you wouldn't feel all alone. I can't help you when it comes to convincing your parents, but getting a job and saving money for it would probably prove to them how determined you are about this. Good luck!
Read more discussion :