Sunday, March 8, 2009

How can I apply to Fashion school FIT in newyork if Im and american but go to school in japan.


How can I apply to Fashion school FIT in newyork if Im and american but go to school in japan.?
I am looking to transfer from my fashion institute school in japan to FIT, or Parsons. I am aware that there is ALOT of competition, I read the requirments and it said that Candidates are evaluated based on class rank, grades in college preparatory coursework and a student essay. on theyre website it also says they consider applicants with a grade point average of 3.0, But the thing is that japans grade system and USA is completely different, so I dont think my "grades" or "credit" are transferable. All I have is a portfolio and pictures of things I did in my class in Japan, but then again its all in japanese and written in kanji. I am not an international student, I am American and was born in america & went to highschool their but my other kind of academic documents are from japan (outside the US) and I also havent graduated yet from my fashion college in japan and as I said the grade system is different so the academic credits is not transferable. I want to get into fit, but the thing is that I also want to get a scholarship.... I just dont know what TO DO!!!! Agh!
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Contact FIT directly and explain the problem.
Read more discussion :