Thursday, April 16, 2009

Should i be a exhange student to Japan (during high school , in 2nd yr) if its a cultural thing


Should i be a exhange student to Japan (during high school , in 2nd yr) if its a cultural thing?
Ok i got a application for a long term exchange student from my counseling office but she told me its only for cultural thing and its due by the beginning of November. Yet she says that i might have a possibility that i might get held back only if i get a college connection but then the college connection would be by my junior year. She also said that you don't need to know the language as well because its only a cultural thing. Should i go?
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would say yes. I am Japanese and I love my country. If you like to study you can study and if you like to have fun, there are so many things you can experience. If you like to shop, Japan will be the best place to find cute things, clothes, and anything. (high qualities) I grew up in Osaka which is 2nd biggest city in Jpn so my life was pretty hectic but if you decided to go to japan, I recommend Osaka, Tokyo, Okinawa, Kyoto, Nagoya.... pls ask me if you have any questions. japonesa.mari@hotmail.com
2 :
I'm not sure what you mean by "a cultural thing". If you are a high school student and go on a long-term exchange program, you'll probably stay in a Japanese host family and attend a Japanese high school. So even if you don't need to know the language now, you'll have to learn it once you get there - otherwise life would be very frustrating. Staying in a foreign country as a young excahnge student allows you to see the country from the inside, so to speak. It's a unique experience, and I think you should go if you're interested in Japan.
3 :
I don't see why not. If you really love Japan, things like that shouldn't be a problem. If you're really questioning it, maybe you shouldn't do it. But Japan is really unique and I think that if i was given that chance, I would take it. Over here, we don't have any programs to go study abroad whether it's a cultural thing or not...
Read more discussion :